[Kwintv] xmltv support

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Tue Dec 14 20:49:33 CET 2004

On Monday 13 December 2004 14:10, Martin Köbele wrote:
> oic, so if I wanted to implement an xmltv-plugin I might as well just begin
> from scratch. It's now a question where to display the information. It
> could be either via osd or another tab page in that channel-widget.
> So thing is that the xmltv developer wants to change the format of the xml
> document. Don't know yet how soon he wants to release that new version.
It would be nice if could start working on such a plugin! I think it should
work as an OSD. The main reason why I ripped out the "Channelsuites" sidebar
tab was that I usually size the sidebar to fit the channel names, and this is
way too narrow to show a webpage. For this, I implemented that a doubleclick
on a channel in the sidebar opens konqueror with the URL configured for this
channel, this is much more usable.
The XMLTV plugin should have a DCOP interface so it can be used via remote
control / KDELIRC. I'd suggest to try to implement it as an OSD plugin, feel
free to extend the kdetv OSD plugin API to fit your needs. But if it gets
"too generic" this is an indication that the plugin should be a "misc"
plugin.

You can get the current station ID from VBI (vbimanager.h, signal networkID).
For stations not broadcasting this, another way has to be implemented...

Feel free to ask me for help/hints if you like.