[Kwintv] kdetv snapshot including v4l2 plugin

Herbert Graeber lists at graeber-clan.de
Mon Dec 6 23:37:45 CET 2004

On Monday 06 December 2004 23:11, Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:
> [...]
>
> - supports all controls a driver exports (Video->Video hardware
> controls) - should work on more hardware
>
> The drawback of exporting all hardware control functionality is
> that channel files are now "bound" to a specific plugin/hardware
> combination. If you use the same file on multiple devices, expect
> problems. Example: If I use the channel file created by the v4l2
> plugin for a XVIDEO device, the picture settings are messed up and
> I don't see an image.
>
> [..]

Instead of binding a channel file to a device, every single channel
should be bound to a device. Even webcams can be handled by providing
one single channel.  This way it isn't neccessary to switch the
device explicitly. The device would be switched simply by switching
to another channel.

The reason for this is, that I have switched to DVB-T at Nov 8
(therefore I havena't used kdetv much for some days) and I am
evaluating if it is possible to support DVB-T in kdetv. My time is
limited, but if I can find a simple way to support my budget DVB-T
card (and others too...), maybe I will will do it...

Most non VDR-like DVB software available uses xine today. Are there
any useful alternatives? Any ideas? Is the anyone who want's
participate?

Herbert