[Kwintv] Gentoo ebuild for kdetv 0.8rc2

Stefan Hellwig stefan at stefanhellwig.de
Tue Apr 6 22:35:22 CEST 2004

Hi all,

Thanks to Jani-Matti Hätinen there already exists a Gentoo ebuild for kdetv
0.8rc1 (see bugs.gentoo.org, bug #45905). I adapted that ebuild file to
work with kdetv 0.8rc2, see the attached ebuild file. Using that file
Gentoo users can simply install kdetv using emerge.

However, since this ebuild file is not (yet) a part of the official Gentoo
portage tree you would have to put it into your portage overlay directory
before you start the emerge. To make this easier for you I created a tar
file with all the necessary components that you extract in your portage
overlay directory.

Example:

My portage overlay dir (PORTDIR_OVERLAY in /etc/make.conf) is set
to /usr/local/portage so I would extract the tar file in there (as root):

cd /usr/local/portage
tar xfvoj /path/to/the/attached/file/kdetv-0.8_rc2.ebuild.tar.bz2

Now you should be able to emerge kdetv. First do a "pretend" to check if
everything's OK and then do the emerge to install kdetv (as root):

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge kdetv --pretend
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge kdetv

I hope I didn't miss anything, please test it if possible. I will try to
update www.kwintv.org soon with this information when testing is complete.
I will check and see how to get this all into the official Gentoo portage
tree...

Regards, Stefan.