[Kwintv] Starting an QtVision FAQ...

Zsolt Rizsanyi rizsanyi at myrealbox.com
Sat Sep 20 13:09:36 CEST 2003

On Saturday 20 September 2003 10.40, Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:
> No channel wizard (would work on v4l only since xvideo doesn't provide
> signal strength info),

There is a need for automatic switching beetween xvideo and v4l. That would
solve the above issue. When the user starts the channel wizard qtvision
automatically switches to v4l and does the scan.

It is also needed for recording. When I only watch TV I would like to use
xvideo to spare resources, but when I want to record it should automatically
switch to v4l to do recording...

> Some plugins are work-in-progess and need polishing (e.g. teletext is not
> configurable).

What do you want to configure about teletext?

> Simon does not do anything on my box.

Simon is a plugin for closed captioning. That is similar to teletext but is
used in the USA.

Regards
Zsolt