[Kwintv] Starting an QtVision FAQ...

Zsolt Rizsanyi rizsanyi at myrealbox.com
Sat Sep 20 13:02:48 CEST 2003

On Saturday 20 September 2003 11.36, Stefan Hellwig wrote:
> > Keyboard shortcuts don't work in fullscreen. (BTW: can someone give me a
> > hint where to search for the cause?)
>
> Hm... I'm wondering why that is because they worked before, that's at least
> what I think... If could have something to do with the focus policy, maybe
> the window doesn't get the keyboard focus in fullscreen mode somehow?!

IMHO the problem comes from the fact, that the widget containing the video
output is reparented (to make it a main window). Probably this reparented
window gets the focus, but the shortcuts are installed to the old mainwindow
(with the menu and stuff).

Probably the good solution would be to avoid reparenting and just make the
menubar, all the toolbars and the sidebar hidden and make the main window
fullscreen.

Note: The above is just an idea. I'm not a too good Qt programmer...

Regards
Zsolt