[Kwintv] Starting an QtVision FAQ...

Dirk Ziegelmeier dirk at ziegelmeier.net
Sat Sep 20 11:40:23 CEST 2003

On Saturday 20 September 2003 09:57, Stefan Hellwig wrote:
> I was wondering if it is time to create a FAQ for QtVision to put on the
> website (www.kwintv.org). Especially the thing with the empty devices
> dialog and maybe some more info could be put in there.
Some info on what doesn't work in KWinTV.
For me, v4l video plugin performs poorly, xvideo runs great.
Some UI status and menu/toolbar positions are not saved.
Keyboard shortcuts don't work in fullscreen. (BTW: can someone give me a hint
where to search for the cause?)
No channel wizard (would work on v4l only since xvideo doesn't provide signal
strength info),
Some plugins are work-in-progess and need polishing (e.g. teletext is not
configurable). Simon does not do anything on my box.

I'm working on Import/Export of channel formats, so wait for my changes before
writing about this since they hopefully resolve some issues.

Ciao,

Dirk Ziegelmeier * dirk at ziegelmeier.net * http://www.ziegelmeier.net