[Kwintv] Config dialog

Dirk Ziegelmeier dirk at ziegelmeier.net
Thu Sep 11 09:09:24 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 10 September 2003 23:42, George Staikos wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 September 2003 16:56, Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:
> > First step of the config dialog rework is ready.
>
>   I gave it a quick test but it segfault ons tartup for me in
> KConfigBase::setGroup().  this=0x0, from qtvision_v4l.cpp:195.  If that's
> not enough, I can send you a full bt later.

A bt would help, it doesn't happen on my box. The offending code is:
_cfg->setGroup("V4L Plugin");

_cfg is initialized in superclass constructor qvpluginbase.cpp:
_cfg = new KConfig(QString("qtvision-plugin-")+cfgkey);

So I don't see why this happens except if KConfig can't read/write the file or
cfgkey contains illegal chars.

The only config related change is that I changed something in the qtvision
constructor:

_pf = new PluginFactory(this);
[...]
_config = new KConfig("qtvisionrc");
[...]
_pf->scanForPlugins(_config);

to make the "hack" in pluginfactory to get a config handle go away, but this
can't affect your problem. Or is there something I didn't see?

Ciao,

Dirk Ziegelmeier * dirk at ziegelmeier.net * http://www.ziegelmeier.net