[Kwintv] UI-Widget separation, alpha2?

Dirk Ziegelmeier dirk at ziegelmeier.net
Tue Oct 14 13:16:24 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 14 October 2003 11:59, Zsolt Rizsanyi wrote:
> The only thing that became worse is, that in TV mode the window title bar
> does not changes to that narrow one it used to. (I think it was done using
> the tool window hint with the window manager.)
> If that could be fixed that would be cool. But I'm willing to trade that
> for the working keyboard shortcuts :)
I'd like to, but (on my box) these hints are ignored, it seems KWin does not
change the decoration of an existing window. In the "old" design, a new
window was created by reparenting the tv widget.

> > - Mousecurser hiding works perfectly for me now. I don't have to move the
> > mouse any more to make the cursor get hidden.
> It works for me too. Tough I liked better the old behaviour when the cursor
> was not hidden at once, but only after some timeout.
For me, there is still a timeout of 500ms as coded in view.cpp.

> Oh, and one more thing :)
> I see a (very thin) border when in fullscreen. That should be hidden too if
> possible.
I got them, too, but I don't know where they are coming from. Maybe this is
because it is a main application window? I guess giving it a "toolbar"
decoration like for tv mode will help.

I'll write the code for the decoration changes in tv and fullscreen and commit
itin the next hour, please try if it works for you.

Ciao,

Dirk Ziegelmeier * dirk at ziegelmeier.net * http://www.ziegelmeier.net