[Kwintv] QtVision problems on Suse 9.0

Mike Tuller mtuller at mn.rr.com
Wed Nov 26 03:42:45 CET 2003

I tried first to install QtVision without setting the paths for kde and
qt (not reading the faq), and the application ran, but I couldn't
select my tv tuner card, which happens to be an ATI TV-Wonder card.
Once I noticed my mistake, I went in and deleted the files created in
the previous installation, and reinstalled the correct way. I installed
the qtvision application in /opt/kde3, where everything else kde is
installed. Now when I try to open the application I get the following
error:

Xlib: No protocal specified

qtvision: cannot connect to X server :0.0

Anyone have any ideas? I was closer to getting this working before I
installed it in the right directory.

Mike