[Kwintv] Finetuning

Dirk Ziegelmeier dirk at ziegelmeier.net
Sun Nov 2 12:23:49 CET 2003

On Saturday 01 November 2003 23:51, Ralph Koettlitz wrote:
> Normaly, each region has it's own frequencys with a constant minimum
> distance between 2 possible frequencys. So if you find a signal you could
[...]
> border of another region you must be able to configure more than 1 region.
[...]
> frequencys.  It's simple or not?

It's (too) much work for a feature no one uses. Scanning the predefined lists
is sufficient for 99% of the users, remember that we use the XAWTV lists
which should be quite stable now. We would need to create frequency increment
lists (volunteers to read all the standards? If not, maintenance is a pain
with constant reports of "does not work for me, use XXX instead"). So IMO the
current implementation is good enough for now.

BTW, I implemented Karl-Heinz Zimmers finetuning suggestion. The only
difference is that I do not figure out the frequency interval automatically
since I consider it too slow, instead the silder range ist set to
frequency+-3MHz.

Ciao,

Dirk Ziegelmeier * dirk at ziegelmeier.net * http://www.ziegelmeier.net