[Kwintv] Installation Directories (was: Select Source - source not found)

Stefan Hellwig kwintv@mail.kde.org
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:50:33 +0100

Hi George!

Thanks for your answer.

On Friday 21 March 2003 15:26, George Staikos wrote:
> The problem is that KDE doesn't find the .desktop files because it is
> not configured to search there.  You can either configure it to search
> there, or you can install it along with the rest of the KDE apps. :-)

Well, yes, I know, but my question was rather if all of KDE is installed in
/usr/local/kde right from the beginning would this cause any problems with
QtVision and why? I assume that if you install all of KDE in
/usr/local/kde it will also search for .desktop files there, correct? In
that case QtVision should also work within that directory structure.

Of course, if it is just QtVision that's installed in /usr/local/kde
whereas the rest of KDE resides in /opt/kde or whatever then that's
certainly a problem. But doesn't configure try to automatically detect the
installation directory of KDE ($KDEDIR) and install the packages
appropriately?

Regards, Stefan.
--
The Jenna von Oy WebSite - http://www.jennavonoy.com/
Run by fans, for fans, in cooperation with Jenna von Oy!