[Kwintv] sound

Steve Gallimore sg1 at hw.ac.uk
Wed Jun 25 17:38:55 CEST 2003

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 21:40:34 -0400
gurensan at tampabay.rr.com wrote:

> Hi, I'm running qtvision, checked out on 6/20 about 9pm EST. I've got it
> running on slack 9-- yay!!
>
> But here's the caveat: no sound whatsoever. It's using the correct mixer
> device, that is plain when I use xmms' OSS plugin for output -- when I tell
> xmms it's the master, I can control the xmms volume with qtvision's volume
> control ;) --- but, there is no TV sound. I've got a BT878 Hauppage card.
> What gives? Am I an idiot, or has it been disabled for some reason, or is it
> just a bug?

Are you using a patch cable between the TV card's audio out and your sound card's audio in?
I'm not sure if you can get sound over the pci bus yet (I connected the patch cable about a year ago and have not removed it, so I've no idea if it works any other way, running fine under slack 8.1/9.0, untill the ide controller on my motherboard died that is...)

Steve