[Kwintv] re: it worked, now it doesn't

Neil Macvicar blackmogu at vfemail.net
Wed Jun 11 22:30:03 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 11 June 2003 8:09 pm, Karl vom Dorff wrote:
> I did what your said and uncommented the video desktop...
>
> still no dice...
>
> I reinstalled it again.
>
> Then when I try to execute it I get command not found... this is right
> after the install:
>
> *************** Important *************************
>
> This module contains unreleased software.
>
> The software may compile and work, but it may just
> as well neither compile nor work.

> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/karl/downloads/sources/kwintv/kdenonbeta'
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/karl/downloads/sources/kwintv/kdenonbeta'

At this point, did you do a 'make' or a 'make install' ? It's unclear if you
really did reinstall it. See where it did get installed with "find / -name
qtvision"

> [root at cpe0090f50d0ca6-cm0000398fee62 kdenonbeta]# ldconfig
> [root at cpe0090f50d0ca6-cm0000398fee62 kdenonbeta]# qtvision
> bash: qtvision: command not found
> [root at cpe0090f50d0ca6-cm0000398fee62 kdenonbeta]# kwintv
> bash: kwintv: command not found
> [root at cpe0090f50d0ca6-cm0000398fee62 kdenonbeta]#

> I have this in my path in case you're wondering:
>
> /usr/X11R6/lib
> /usr/lib/qt3/lib
> /usr/lib/qt3/lib
> /usr/local/lib
> /opt/kde3/bin
> /usr/bin
> /bin
> /sbin
> /usr/local/bin
> /usr/sbin
> /usr/lib/wine
> /usr/games
> /usr/lib/qt3/bin
> /usr/X11R6/bin
> /usr/local/sbin
> /usr/local/kde/bin
>
> It just doesn't make sense that I had it working, and now nothing works, it
> can't even find the executable...and when I manually start it, it can't
> find my tuner and doesn't look right...

Not finding the executable is not a problem of qtvisions packaging - it's
entirely end-user dependant. You either installed it in a place outside your
path, or haven't got it installed at all.

Don't forget to remove $HOME/.kde/share/qtvision to be sure you have a fresh
config to start with.

Regards,
Neil.