[Kwintv] changing volume_(up|down) increment

Zsolt Rizsanyi rizsanyi at myrealbox.com
Mon Jun 2 16:30:54 CEST 2003

On Monday 02 June 2003 14.59, Dawit A. wrote:
> On Monday 02 June 2003 02:20, George Staikos wrote:
> > On Sunday 01 June 2003 10:25, Rizsanyi Zsolt wrote:
> > > I would like to change the increment of volume up/down actions from 1
> > > to 4. IMO it is more sane, since nobody needs to be able to set the
> > > volume to an exact number (and he can even do it using the slider).
> > >
> > > I have changed the increment in the my local source, and I really like
> > > it this way. Can I commit this change, or this value should be
> > > configurable?
> > >
> > > What do you think?
> >
> >   That's fine with me, although probably the best way to do it is to
> > accelerate it if it is held in.  We can do that in the future though.
> > increment of 4 is good for now.
>
> Shouldn't something like this be a good candidate for a config option ?

Yes. That's exactly what I want to know :)
IMHO there is no need for a config option because increment of 4 is good for
me ;)
But there could be somebody who is suited better with a different increment.
Just there is this 'crusade' in KDE, which aims to reduce the number config
options in the name of usability.

it, since increment of 4 will suit everybody ;)

What do you think?

Regards
Zsolt