[Kwintv] Fwd: Re: guiFactory question

Richard Moore rich at xmelegance.org
Wed Jul 30 22:20:53 CEST 2003

On Monday 28 July 2003 18:10, Zsolt Rizsanyi wrote:

>   I think you should repost to the list.  Rich Moore knows this stuff well
>  and I'll point it out to him.  Meanwhile I don't think the code looks too
>  bad really.  The dynamic_cast is necessary becasue there may not be a
>  MainWindow. You might not have the correct guiclient if you only take the
>  first one though.  Maybe Rich has more insight into that part.

It looks as if what you really need here is a mixture between a QtVision
plugin and a KParts plugin. This can be done by making the QtVision create a
KParts::Plugin instance itself, then manually calling addClient() to add it
to the container part. This way you should be able to get the advantages of
XMLGUI merging, without forcing us to add XMLGUI support to the current
light-weight plugin design.

Cheers

Rich.