[Kwintv] Mute state problems

Dirk Ziegelmeier dirk at ziegelmeier.net
Mon Jul 28 23:27:09 CEST 2003

Hi All,

qtvision.cpp:

- I noticed that the mute flag is not saved on application exit if autoMute is
disabled.

- At startup, the volume is not restored, only mute state is. This causes
problems if the app is closed immediately again, because the mixer plugin is
asked for the current volume that as never been set. This garbage value is
written to the config file. This happens at least with the ALSA plugin.

- If app is muted and volume slider is moved, it was not correctly unmuted
before setting the volume. The ALSA plugin ignores setVolume calls if it is
muted.

I think it is reasonable to work around all these problems in qtvision instead
of in the mixer plugins because this is cleaner and doesn't make subtle
assumptions about how plugins work.

I've created a small patch that addresses all problems. If someone looks for
the autoMute code I've thrown out of the destructor, it was broken and
redundant, since automute is handled in stopDevice().

Somebody with an OSS card, please test.
George or Zsolt, if you like it, please apply.
ChangeLog: fix mute state saving and unmuting on volume change

Ciao,

Dirk Ziegelmeier * dirk at ziegelmeier.net * http://www.ziegelmeier.net