[Kwintv] RFC: Making source a channel property

Dirk Ziegelmeier dirk at ziegelmeier.net
Sun Jul 27 22:09:22 CEST 2003

Hi List,

I would like to make the video source and norm (e.g. "pal-television") a
channel property. Background is that I have a VCR and I would like to be able
to easily switch to my VCR without opening the device selection dialog. When
the source is a channel property, I can create a VCR channel in the normal
channel list. Also, this would make TV norm switch very easy (if there is
anyone out there who needs more than one norm). I think it would even be
better to split the current "norm-source" combination into seperate norm and
source properties - this would affect all qvsrcplugins, too.

Suggestions and comments are welcome.

Dirk Ziegelmeier * dirk at ziegelmeier.net * http://www.ziegelmeier.net