[Kwintv] Kwintv - no list select devices.

Zsolt Rizsanyi rizsanyi at myrealbox.com
Thu Jul 24 00:04:00 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 23 July 2003 17.14, Gabor FLEISCHER wrote:
> My plugins are installed at /usr/local/lib/kde3, and my
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH starts like /usr/local/lib:/usr/lib/kde3/lib:...
> I hope this is the only thing that is needed, right?
>
> What should my KDEDIR be? Or is it used during runtime at all? My KDE stuff
> is under /usr/lib/kde3 (Debian), but I installed qtvision with ./configure
> --prefix=/usr/local, so I'm a bit confused what should KDEDIR be
> /usr/lib/kde, or /usr/local/lib/kde3?

I dont have too much experience with Debian, but I think KDEDIR should be set
to /usr (since include files are in /usr/include and most of the libs are in
/usr/lib and share is in /usr/share).
But this is not too important at runtime, but at compile time and it does not
have to be set.

At runtime you should set KDEDIRS (note the ending S). If you have installed
qtvision with prefix /usr/local then you should set/add that dir to KDEDIRS.
Like setting
KDEDIRS=/usr:/usr/local

I'm not 100% sure about the above, but you could give it a try...

Regards
Zsolt