[Kwintv] Package name - kwintv or qtvision?

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Jul 18 12:52:31 CEST 2003

On Friday 18 July 2003 11:28, Dan Armak wrote:
> >   Please do not package it yet.  It's not stable.  (At least
> > kdenonbeta/kwintv3/ is not.  kdenonbeta/kwintv can be coaxed into working
> > still I think.  That one is definitely called kwintv.)
>
> Just to make sure there's no misunderstanding here, I'm not packaging it in
> the normal way, I am rather making a live cvs ebuild for it. It's not going
> into portage (the main collection of packages users see), but must be
> downloaded together with my other kde cvs ebuilds from my website.
>
> These ebuilds are intended for developer use and for people willing to test
> non-stable cvs stuff, not for ordinary end users. In other words, for
> scratching a personal itch :-) I've also been told by some kde.org devs
> they find these ebuilds very useful, as well as other people who just like
> running cvs (like me).

  Yes I understand what they are.  I'm just saying that it's in really bad
state right now and it's not worth it.  I majorly broke the code recently
trying to work around a design flaw, and now it's really unstable.  I have no
time to fix it anytime soon, and I'd rather not hear about the bug another 40
times. :)

KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/