[Kwintv] 25% CPU Usage

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Tue Jul 1 01:22:37 CEST 2003

On Sunday 29 June 2003 14:58, Neil Macvicar wrote:
> Hi all,
> 	I've mentioned this problem before on the list, where my CPU is put at ~
> 25% utilisation when using QTVision. I've just noticed that this seems to
> be condition dependant, i.e it only does this for certain channels (ITV and
> Channel 4 to be exact). I wonder if this is anything to do with stereo
> sound, signal quality etc..

  It's hard to say right now.  I think you'll need to profile it to find out
why.  The problem is that profiling might kill performance (remember that
we're working with external sources - hardware, drivers) so it might be
difficult to get real results in the end.  I don't think sound is related
though.

KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/