[Kwintv] Hauppauge PVR compression support

George Staikos kwintv@mail.kde.org
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 21:59:32 -0500

On Tuesday 21 January 2003 02:55, Martin Alexander Walschik wrote:
> Hi Stephan,
>
> i found your requerst in a Mailing List.
>
> The Hauppauge PVR use a Kfir1-decoder chip for mpeg1 /2 enoding. A Linux
> driver is
> avaible at:
>
>     http://www.linuxtv.org:81/mpeg2/
>
> so you can use the mpeg compression, but not direkt in kwintv ....

   This could probably be implemented as a plugin for qtvision - the rewrite
of kwintv.  However I think it requires someone to have the hardware.  I
don't think any of us developers have that hardware.  We also need good
working drivers and documentation.