[Kwintv] xinerama prob

Christoph Dohmen kwintv@mail.kde.org
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 07:51:16 +0100

Am Montag, 10. Februar 2003 19:42 schrieb George Staikos:

>   Yes this is the old kwintv.  The rewrite (not yet released, but usable)
> does not have this problem, but it does not use overlay yet.  The problem
> is that v4l overlay doesn't understand Xinerama directly.  I doubt this
> will ever be fixed.  Move the window over to the primary screen and you
> should be ok I think.
No, it's not! I tried it. If I start kwintv the window appears in the upper
left corner of the desktop, which is the secondary display. The picture rises
on the upper left corner of the first display! If I drag the kwintv-window to
the first display, the tv-picture leaves the display on the right hand side.

Chris

p.s. I don't have this problem using xawtv. So there seems to be a possibility
to show tv-pictures inside the app-window using xinerama.
--
Christoph Dohmen                    ChDohmen@gmx.de