[Kwintv] xinerama prob

George Staikos kwintv@mail.kde.org
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 13:42:02 -0500

On Monday 10 February 2003 05:51, Christoph Dohmen wrote:
> Hi out there,
>
> last week I changed my X-setup to dual-head using xinerama.
> The only problem still remeins is, that the video-picture from kwintv is
> not inside the kwintv-window, but it has an x-offset of the width of the
> left screen!
> So, is this prblem known? Is there a misconfiguration in my config?
> Ahh, I tried several versions, even a selfcompiled version from cvs!
> Do you need more info?

  Yes this is the old kwintv.  The rewrite (not yet released, but usable) does
not have this problem, but it does not use overlay yet.  The problem is that
v4l overlay doesn't understand Xinerama directly.  I doubt this will ever be
fixed.  Move the window over to the primary screen and you should be ok I
think.