[Kwintv] several problems/bugs

Neil Macvicar kwintv@mail.kde.org
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 13:37:33 +0100

> This discussion was about that they (Neil) wanted to remove this feature,
> and I have only proposed to not remove it completely, just make it an
> configurable option.

Trouble is, I had no idea why this behaviour was in the code in the first
place ! My winTV card doesn't output low level noise, so it seemed a
no-brainer to me. Unfortunately, when it was written, there was a lack of
commentary put in, which makes improving things a little harder. Now that
everyone on the list knows the reason, and a patch has been submitted for the
radio option "mute on exit", it should be resolved. (Anyone else tested the
patch yet apart from me ?)

Regards,
Neil.