[Kwintv] several problems/bugs

Rizsanyi Zsolt kwintv@mail.kde.org
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 14:06:23 +0200

On Thursday 03 April 2003 01:32, Robyn wrote:

> mixer

> > > Perhaps we could add a "buggy video driver audio" option in config to
> > > enable auto-mute of the selected mixer upon exit. Do we have any info
> > > on which cards exhibited this behaviour ?
> >
> > I have a 'Leadtek WinFast 2000 XP'. But it does not mutes perfectly. When
> the
> > hardware is muted you can still hear the some noise. You usually do not
> > notice it, only if there is silence in the room (when working overnight
> > :) So I prefer that the 'Line In' is muted when qtvision exits.
> > Of course a config option is appropriate.
>
> That's a brillian idea, i have a WinTV card and mine does the same thing,
> an auto-mute would be fantastic.

Maybe you misunderstood. The qtvision DOES 'automute' by default since a
while.
And I pretty like this feature, but there are some who don't :)
This discussion was about that they (Neil) wanted to remove this feature, and
I have only proposed to not remove it completely, just make it an
configurable option.

Regards
Zsolt