[Kwintv] makefile in cvs

Richard Moore kwintv@mail.kde.org
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 19:06:34 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rizsanyi Zsolt" <rizsanyi@myrealbox.com>
To: <kwintv@mail.kde.org>
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 9:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Kwintv] makefile in cvs

> On Friday 27 September 2002 21:43, Richard Moore wrote:
> > If anyone wants to see what we have so far, take a look at:
> > http://xmelegance.org/devel/teletext.png
> >
> > The junk at the top is because I haven't done graphics support yet.
>
> I have looked at the source, and I have a question. Do you know, that
there is
> a library called libzvbi?
>
> If not, then I will let you know, that it is/was developed by the zapping
> project, and progressed that far, that now even xawtv is using it. In my
> opinion that would suggest that we should use it too.
> But of course, you are writing the tool, so I will let it to you :)

I wasn't actually aware of this library. I've taken a look at it today and
it looks
pretty good - it's derived from the same code (alevt) as I'm using in fact.
I may
switch to it when I've evaluated it more fully as unlike alevt this library
is being
actively maintained and is well documented.

Cheers

Rich.