[Kwintv] Problems with audio/mixer

Morten Brix Pedersen kwintv@mail.kde.org
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:12:18 +0100

Hi,

I'm having some difficulties with the mixer in qtvision.

My first problem is that when I configure the OSS Mixer in QtVision, the
defaultdevice is set to Video - but when this is choosen, I cannot
change the volume nor mute the sound. What am I doing wrong?

If I change the mixerdevice to "Vol" instead, it works fine - I can
change the volume and mute the sound; however when I close qtvision, the
volume is set to 0 (muted) which forces me to open a mixer application
and turn up the volume again. Is this the wanted behaviour? Because it's
quite annoying that other sound applications gets muted just because you
close qtvision.

  - Morten.