[Kwintv] Channel changing

Rizsanyi Zsolt kwintv@mail.kde.org
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 18:22:46 +0200

On Friday 25 October 2002 04:32, George Staikos wrote:
> On October 24, 2002 21:33, Rizsanyi Zsolt wrote:
> > On Friday 25 October 2002 01:04, George Staikos wrote:
> > > For some reason, changing channels (by number) with the keyboard
> > > creates an annoying label on the screen.  Does anyone know where this
> > > is coming from?
> >
> > What do you mean by annoying label? That a label shown so you know what
> > have you entered? I think that this feedback is really important. (the
> > same code works even if you change channels through lirc).
> >
> > I will tell you that it comes from QtVision::processNumberKeyEvent, but
> > please dont remove that feature.
>
>    Well after more investigation I see that it works with Elegant but not
> with Haze.  For some reason it just never disappears with Haze unless you
> exit QtVision altogether.  Also, it seems to appear in the closed
> captioning text instead of in the OSD notification text.  This is wrong,
> and causes the text never to disappear in Haze.  I guess this indicates a

All those problems come from the fact, that nobody knows what displayCC is.
After following mailinglist discussion I know that it means display closed
captioning, but I dont know what closed captioning is.
This is the reason of all these bugs. Who did Elegant did not know, that what
is displayed with displayCC should stay permanently. Who did the showing
channel change number did not know that displayCC is not for that, and so on.
It would be nice if at least in OSDManager there would be some comments
explaining what which display should do and what is the expected behavior.

> bug in Elegant too. Ironically I just discovered that there are font
> resizing problems at least in Haze too, while investigating this.

I did the font resizing in Haze. But I'm now using Elegant, so I dont know of
any bugs. (though the font resizing in Elegant is also my work, and that
works ok).
What are the problems with font resizing in haze?

Regards
Zsolt