[Kwintv] Channel changing

George Staikos kwintv@mail.kde.org
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 22:32:02 -0400

On October 24, 2002 21:33, Rizsanyi Zsolt wrote:
> On Friday 25 October 2002 01:04, George Staikos wrote:
> > For some reason, changing channels (by number) with the keyboard creates
> > an annoying label on the screen.  Does anyone know where this is coming
> > from?
>
> What do you mean by annoying label? That a label shown so you know what
> have you entered? I think that this feedback is really important. (the same
> code works even if you change channels through lirc).
>
> I will tell you that it comes from QtVision::processNumberKeyEvent, but
> please dont remove that feature.

   Well after more investigation I see that it works with Elegant but not with
Haze.  For some reason it just never disappears with Haze unless you exit
QtVision altogether.  Also, it seems to appear in the closed captioning text
instead of in the OSD notification text.  This is wrong, and causes the text
never to disappear in Haze.  I guess this indicates a bug in Elegant too.
Ironically I just discovered that there are font resizing problems at least
in Haze too, while investigating this.