[Kwintv] Comments on latest qtvision

George Staikos kwintv@mail.kde.org
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 10:35:00 -0400

On Thursday October 24 2002 03:22, Alexandre Aufrere wrote:
> btw, i'd like to report that RH has bugs filled about this, and are
> apparently not very interested in fixing the problem, they just beg someone
> to give them a patch. So i'm afraid that at least on RH 7.3 and 8.0, using
> any ATI card (it has been confirmed with these cards but maybe it's the
> same with other ones), the abovely described behaviour is the standard and
> "normal" one. it'd be a good idea to have more reports about this on
> Mandrake, SuSE and Debian at least.

   Go figure. :)  Maybe the GATOS team has some ideas here...

> >    Oh now I understand.  You have old code.  It is triggering the video
> > overlay for V4L.  I had that enabled but have since disabled it just
> > because v4l grab+display works better now (as you have seen).
>
> Considering this, i just wanted to report that v4l now works fine for me
> (bttv, v4l, xf86-4.2.0, rh 7.3, ati rage128, SECAM), but there is an area 2
> or 3 cm large to the right of the picture that is simply green (!). No such
> thing was happening with the old kwintv.

    Great to hear. :)    As for the green, I will have to investigate.  It
could be due to unfinished code.  This will take a bit of time because I
suspect it might be secam specific, and I don't have secam hardware here.

> Good job !
> btw, if you need, you can count me for the French translation :-)

   Thanks :)  The best thing you can do is, once we get past the beta phase,
work with the entire KDE French translation team.  We will be using the
translations done by the KDE project in general, since we should be a part of
kde-multimedia in the near future.