[Kwintv] Latest Kwintv from CVS

Adrian Dannberg kwintv@mail.kde.org
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 23:42:24 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 23. Oktober 2002 23:03 schrieb George Staikos:
> Well I don't know exactly why this is happening, but I can provide some
> basic suggestions for building from CVS:
>
> - If you encounter problems, start from clean source.  Completely clean.
true
> - Make sure you are working in the HEAD branch.
Sorry, can you explain what this means.
> - Make sure $QTDIR and $KDEDIR are set correctly
true
> - Make sure you use --prefix=$KDEDIR
true
> - Make sure you use autoconf 2.53 and automake 1.5.
true
> - Make sure you built Qt correctly as KDE requires.
pretty sure since I installed Qt with my distributions rpms.
>   If this still doesn't work, well, I'll be confused. :)
:(

ok,  here is exactly what I did and what happend

export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.kde.org:/home/kde
cvs login

cvs checkout kdenonbeta/kwintv3
cvs checkout kdenonbeta/libsearch
cvs checkout kdenonbeta/kdedb
cvs checkout kdenonbeta/librss
cvs checkout kde-common
cvs checkout kdenonbeta/Makefile.am.in
cvs checkout kdenonbeta/Makefile.cvs
cvs checkout kdenonbeta/config.h.bot
>cvsanon server: warning: kdenonbeta/config.h.bot is not(any longer) pertinent
[If this message is true, the cvs info on kwintv.org should be updated]
cvs checkout kdenonbeta/configure.in.in

export KDEDIR=/opt/kde3
export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3
export KDEHOME=$HOME/.kde
export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH
export MANPATH=$QTDIR/doc/man:$MANPATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$KDEDIR/lib:$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

cd kdenonbeta
ln -s ../kde-common/admin admin
make -f Makefile.cvs
>*** Creating configure
configure.in:44: warning: do not use m4_patsubst: use patsubst or m4_bpatsubst
configure.in:83: warning: AC_PROG_LEX invoked multiple times
configure.in:577: warning: do not use m4_regexp: use regexp or m4_bregexp
[I dont understand these messages, but make seems to finish his job though...]

*** Creating config.h template
autoheader: `config.h.in' is created
*** Creating Makefile templates
*** Postprocessing Makefile templates
*** Creating date/time stamp
*** Finished

./configure --prefix=/opt/kde3		or
./configure --prefix=/opt/kde3 --with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt3

[lots of cheacking ...]
checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0) (library qt-mt) not found.
Please check your installation!

Dont want to make u even more confused than are probably are, but I do not
know what I may be doing wrong.

Ciao Adrian