[Kwintv] Latest Kwintv from CVS

Chris Hammond kwintv@mail.kde.org
22 Oct 2002 20:43:29 -0400

On Tue, 2002-10-22 at 20:24, George Staikos wrote:
> On October 22, 2002 20:21, Chris Hammond wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I tried bringing down the latest CVS yesterday and it failed to compile
> > sayign that I didn't have KDE 3.1.  I figured this was a possible typo
> > so I tried again tonight and now it's telling me that I don't have the
> > qt-mt libraries.  This is a fresh RedHat 7.3 install with KDE 3.03 and
> > everything was working fine.  The compile date on my current qtvision
> > executable is Oct.17th.  Anybody know what may have changed?
>
>   Actually configure was just changed today to allow Qt 3.0.x for kdenonbeta.
> Did you update all the admin and toplevel stuff, and re-run Makefile.cvs and
> configure?

  Everytime I recompile, I start from scratch.  The QTVision dir that I
change into at the beginning of the script is empty each time I run the
script below.  Here is my current script that I use and worked fine on
the 17th.  See if I am doing anything wrong.

     export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.kde.org:/home/kde
     cvs login
# cd into a directory where you would like to put the KWinTV sources.
     cd qtvision
# Do a checkout of the following CVS modules:
     cvs checkout kdenonbeta/kwintv3
     cvs checkout kdenonbeta/libsearch
     cvs checkout kdenonbeta/kdedb
     cvs checkout kdenonbeta/librss
     cvs checkout kde-common
# In addition you should check out the following files:
     cvs checkout kdenonbeta/Makefile.am.in
     cvs checkout kdenonbeta/Makefile.cvs
     cvs checkout kdenonbeta/config.h.bot
     cvs checkout kdenonbeta/configure.in.in
# Change into the kdenonbeta directory:
     cd kdenonbeta
     cp Makefile.am.in Makefile.am
# Create a symbolic link to the admin directory:
     ln -s ../kde-common/admin admin
# Execute the following commands (some can only be done as root):
     make -f Makefile.cvs
     ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-debug
     cd libsearch
     make && make install
     cd ../librss
     make && make install