[Kwintv] V4L plugin status

Stefan Hellwig kwintv@mail.kde.org
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 19:13:03 +0200

Hi!

On Tuesday 22 October 2002 09:19, George Staikos wrote:
> The V4L plugin is coming along nicely.  The status is as follows:
[...]
> Test reports (keeping in mind that the code is incomplete) are
> appreciated.

Okay, I tested it somewhat but it wasn't performing well so I switched back=
=20
to Xv. The biggest problem is that QtVision seems to eat up a lot of CPU=20
time when I activate V4L instead of Xv (channel switching is very slow).=20
There are also interlacing problems, and audio/video is not in sync, the=20
picture is "chasing" the sound, if you know what I mean.

I tested it on KDE 3.1 Beta 2 (compiled from CVS) using Qt 3.1 Beta 1 (also=
=20
out of CVS, same time as KDE). I didn't do a "fresh compile" of QtVision,=20
though, meaning that I just updated to latest CVS and then did a "make=20
install" again in my build dir (no make distclean, configure...).

Regards, Stefan.
=2D-=20
The Jenna von Oy WebSite - http://www.jennavonoy.com/
Run by fans, for fans, in cooperation with Jenna von Oy!