[Kwintv] Re: kdenonbeta/kwintv3/qtvision

George Staikos kwintv@mail.kde.org
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 00:05:18 -0400

On October 15, 2002 23:58, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> CVS commit by adawit:
>
> - Change the channel intelligently.  Now the delayed change is activated
> iff the entered numbers are ambigous.  It uses the highest configured
> channel to handle this as discussed.
>
> - If Enter is pressed while a delayed channel change is active, we tune to
> the numbers entered so far as per the discussion on the list.
>
> - Umute the volume if volume change is requested and the volume is
> currently muted. (DA)

  Cool!  Thanks Dawit.  I will try it out shortly.

   Another note:   v4l grabbing, with Xv output (and scaling) is working.
Audio in that mode is not.  Both devices must support YUV.  I have a
colourspace solution coming soon which I think will be quite nice.  XShm and
XvShm support are still needed, as are XPutImage and DGA.  These all go in
QVideoStream or KXv.

   I have V4L overlay almost done now.  This will be the last of the video
input code I think. Then we can concentrate on polishing for a beta release,
and hopefully a move to a main CVS module soon after the KDE 3.1 release.

   Based on my tests, I think video recording will be quite easy to do too.  I
would rather put this off until after we solve all the other major issues,
but I am quite excited to see this happen.  I suspect that a multithreaded
read+encode+save plugin will work quite nicely.