[Kwintv] Can't get any plugins to show up.

John Campbell kwintv@mail.kde.org
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 19:01:17 -0700

On 14 Oct 2002 00:46:28 -0000, you wrote:

>I know this must be lame, but I grabbed the latest version from CVS,
>compiled and installed it, but I don't see any plugins (and hence no=20
>devices/sources).
>
>Redhat 8.0, laptop with tuner and video in.
>xawtv seems to work ok....
>
>It installed into /opt, and I see the plugins /opt/kde3/lib/kde3.
>I have copied them around the system but can't find the "magic spot" or=20
>config file to tweak.

Do you have v4l working?  Without v4l, nothing else shows up in
qtvision.  Xawtv will work but not qtvision.

You did run "./configure --prefix=3D/opt" before compiling?

I also installed Redhat 8.0...I ended up having to update autoconf
before qtvision would compile correctly.  I also had to edit a couple
of files because the detection for auto-m4 still thinks I've got
version 2.53 of auto-m4 instead of 2.54 and there are differences.
Once I got it to detect correctly things compiled.

But as you actually got it to compile you obviously don't have that
problem.