[Kwintv] Channel numbers instead of MHz

George Staikos kwintv@mail.kde.org
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 19:47:22 -0400

On October 6, 2002 16:34, Morten Brix Pedersen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying out kwintv3/qtvision alpha1 for the first time.
>
> When setting channels up in xawtv, it was easy, because one could just
> insert the channel codes for each channel. E.g. one channel has 'E9',
> another '44' etc.
>
> In kwintv however, you need to search with an ackward interface through
> all the MHz values. It's really a slow and troublesome process. Is there
> a good reason to why it's not possible to implement it the same way as
> in xawtv?

  You can import your channels from the default channel files (although I
don't know if that was in alpha1).  If they are incorrect, please create a
correct one and send it to us so we can include it.  Eventually we will
generate config files for all the regions but we have not got around to doing
that yet.