[Kwintv] qtvision and v4l module

George Staikos kwintv@mail.kde.org
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 11:01:29 -0400

On October 5, 2002 14:09, Michael Gehm wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I run here a Debian system (Knoppix 3.1) with kernel 2.4.19, KDE 3.0.3,
> XFree86 4.0.2 and want to use kwintv as in earlier days under KDE 2.x.
>
> If i've correctly undestood the hint of George, there is no kwintv-release
> for KDE 3.x. I've no clue of CVS stuff so I compiled and installed the
> Alpha 1 rewritten release.
>
> I can start the prog from /usr/local/kde/bin/ and a window appears: "Select
> Source - qtvision".
> There I can select my Region= PAL but the buttons "Select device"
> and "Select source" are "empty" (no selection possible).
>
> Maybe it' s the missing module "v4l" mentioned  by George. I would load it
> but there isn't such a module in my system. From where could I get it ?
> I think, I've activated all multimedia/video/driver-stuff in my kernel.

   this is in XFree86.  Read the README for details.  You have to put the
line:
Load "v4l"
into the modules section of your XF86Config (or XF86Config-4) file.  You must
have the bttv module loaded when you start X too.  Also, make sure you
installed qtvision into $KDEDIR, not /usr/local/ or some other place.  KDE
needs to find the servicetypes and plugins.