[Kwintv] qtvision and v4l module

Michael Gehm kwintv@mail.kde.org
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 20:09:40 +0200

Hi all,

I run here a Debian system (Knoppix 3.1) with kernel 2.4.19, KDE 3.0.3,=20
XFree86 4.0.2 and want to use kwintv as in earlier days under KDE 2.x.

If i've correctly undestood the hint of George, there is no kwintv-releas=
for KDE 3.x. I've no clue of CVS stuff so I compiled and installed the Al=
pha 1
rewritten release.

I can start the prog from /usr/local/kde/bin/ and a window appears: "Sele=
ct=20
Source - qtvision".
There I can select my Region=3D PAL but the buttons "Select device"
and "Select source" are "empty" (no selection possible).

Maybe it' s the missing module "v4l" mentioned  by George. I would load i=
but there isn't such a module in my system. From where could I get it ?
I think, I've activated all multimedia/video/driver-stuff in my kernel.

Please note that xawtv runs properly here. I hope kwintv/qtVision will do=
 it
soon too.

Any ideas ?

Thx

Michael=20
--=20
If Linux doesn't have the solution you have the wrong problem.
Registered Linux User #191807    http://www.michael-gehm.de