[Kwintv] Re: kdenonbeta/kwintv3/qtvision

Stefan Hellwig kwintv@mail.kde.org
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 13:58:47 +0200

Hi!

On Tuesday 01 October 2002 05:32, George Staikos wrote:
> > >   I am still unconvinced of this.  Does it not make more sense to
> > > not change the channel unless the user explicitly requests to do so=
?
> > > [...]
> > I second this opinion as well.
>    Well unless anyone has something strong to say against this, I think
> we should change it to behave as I described then.

Well, I am the one who initially changed QtVision to accept this single=20
click a while back so I want to explain why I did this. For me it made=20
more sense while being in the channel editor because changing e.g. the=20
frequency of a channel only makes sense (to me) when I directly see what =
I=20
am doing which means that the channel I am editing should be displayed at=
=20
the same time. That was not possible before (or so I remember) so I=20
changed it. It is also not a "common practice" (at least to me) to double=
=20
click on a list item to get the application do/display something.

If someone changes this behavior back to the double click please make sur=
e=20
that one can still see an immediate change of the TV program being edited=
=20
and probably also add some text to the dialog indicating that you have to=
=20
double-click on an item to get it displayed. I merely found that out by=20
accident in the previous version that I had to use that double click...

However, watching one TV channel while editing another, especially the=20
frequency, seems nearly impossible to me except when you exactly know tha=
t=20
the frequency you entered is correct.

Regards, Stefan.
--=20
The Jenna von Oy WebSite - http://www.jennavonoy.com/
Run by fans, for fans, in cooperation with Jenna von Oy!