[Kwintv] What video card do YOU like?

Robert Kaiser kwintv@mail.kde.org
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 14:03:19 +0100

> With my WinTV Radio, I am screwed.
>
> Can you please let me know about a card you're using that you like? Feel
> free to private me. I'm just looking for something of reasonable quality and
> price that is well-supported under Linux, 'cause watching those hip 'n
> trendy Mitsubishi commercials without sound is doing me in...

Hmm, I'm using a WinTV PCI-FM, and it works perfectly.
The KDE mixer also knows about it's "MSP3415D-B3" audio chip, and lets
me control mixer settings for that.
I've got the following options for that in modules.conf:
alias sound-slot-1 bttv
alias sound-service-1-0 tvmixer
options bttv radio=1

and lsmod shows the following relevant modules loaded:
tvmixer, tuner, tvaudio, msp3400, bttv, i2c-algo-bit, i2c-core, videodev

I think those things will also be needed for you...

Robert Kaiser