teletext (was: Re: [Kwintv] Sources from yesterday failed to configure)

George Staikos kwintv@mail.kde.org
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:42:13 -0500

On Sunday November 17 2002 18:19, Rizsanyi Zsolt wrote:
> On Sunday 17 November 2002 19:08, George Staikos wrote:
> > On Thursday November 14 2002 19:11, Sangohn Christian wrote:
> > > BTW the sources from kdenonbeta-021110 compiled fine and run good.
> > > I like the teletext feature a lot.
> > > You guys really really rock!!!
> >
> >   Thanks! :)  That was the work of Malte and Rich.
>
> I also like that feature too, but is there an easy way to turn it on/off?
> Last time I tried it out I had to quit qtvision to turn off the teletext (I
> was in TV mode, and the teletext masked the window so I could not get the
> popup menu.)
>
> It would be nice if it could be better controlled by lirc. But I think that
> first we need to add support for plugin defined actions.
> Is somebody working on that?

   Yes.  I'm working on that.  There is a solution, but it has to be checked
in first.  Basically it is this:

   *Manager will no longer be singletons, but will be accessed via QtVision*.
QtVision* will be passed to each and every plugin and will be available to
all classes.  QtVision actions will be moved out of the client code and into
the QtVision lib, thus being made accessible to plugins via the QtVision*
pointer.

   I was hoping to delay this but it is becoming too important.  I'm going to
try to do it this week or next.

   For teletext specific stuff, you'll have to speak with Malte probably.  We
don't have teletext in Canada, hence the simon plugin. :)