[Kwintv] How to install qtvision....

Adam Bielecki kwintv@mail.kde.org
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 04:19:51 +0100

First sorry for my stupid question but this is my last chance. I tried
to install it several time but without any sucess.
I am some kind of a newbie to linux. I used KwinTV before for kde2
without any problems (with RedHat7.2) Now i made a new instalation of
RedHat 8.0. xawtv works fine. I desided to try the new Qtvision. What I
read babout it sounds not bad...I followed the compiling instructions on
CVS Page from step one to the end... Nothing. At the end there was an
error V4L_DEVICE not declared...  also the binaries donīt exit...in
kde... I donīt know what i am doing wrong.
Once I tried the KwinTv version for kde3 (not qtvision) I got it
compiled. But Kwintv didnīt work at all...it displays only the main
Application withou any icons...nothing only (the frame of the window)...

Is the setup information on CVS page correct. I only adjusted the lines
where my kde3 and qt3 folders are located.
export KDEDIR = /usr/lib/kde3
export QTDIR =/usr/lib/qt3
those are the only directories in RedHat 8.0 where kde3 and qt3 exist....

What am i doing wrong????
I would appreciate any help with compiling qtvision.

Thanx for help.

Adam