[Kwintv] Those with the ripping effect

Stefan Hellwig kwintv@mail.kde.org
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 18:15:45 +0100

Hi!

OK, I checked it again. Here are the results:

On Tuesday 12 November 2002 19:42, Stefan Hellwig wrote:
> [...] BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied) 10 Major
> opcode:  2

After reading this error message again I simply tried to start QtVision as
"root" instead with the V4L plugin enabled --- and this works! So the
crash that I see when using the V4L plugin (as a normal user) is a problem
with permissions. The suid bit of kv4lsetup is set, though. Is there
another file permission I have to change to make it work for normal users?

Anyhow, after QtVision finally started I checked out the latest V4L (CVS
checkout from a few minutes ago). The picture quality is better now but I
still see this "ripping effect", especially with scrolling text.

I also can't use the "Prefer Video Overlay if Available" option. When I
activate this (no matter what "mode") the screen (all windows including
desktop icons) starts flickering.

Regards, Stefan.
--
The Jenna von Oy WebSite - http://www.jennavonoy.com/
Run by fans, for fans, in cooperation with Jenna von Oy!