[Kwintv] v4l plugin

George Staikos kwintv@mail.kde.org
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 09:54:18 -0500

On Tuesday November 12 2002 06:14, John Campbell wrote:
> I've just installed Mandrake 9.0 after being a loyal RedHat user for
> years.
>
> I'm not sure if my problem is with Mandrake or is simply a coincidence
> in code-changes/libs between a week or so ago and now.
>
> But my problem is that the V4l plugin is failing to compile because
> the <linux/videodev.h> header doesn't include __c64 (and his friends)
> if compiled with the "-ansi" flag, which qtvision uses, or at least my
> configuration does.
>
> When I remove the "-ansi" flag from the v4l plugin's Makefile
> everything compiles and runs fine.  Of course, next time I update it
> will all be stripped out again as the Makefiles are generated by
> configure.

   Yes I noticed this last night too.  This is because mandrake has v4l2
patched in.  I'm not quite sure what the v4l people want us to do about this
in userspace.  As a temporary hack, I added this to kv4lsetup:

#ifdef __STRICT_ANSI__
#undef __STRICT_ANSI__
#define FOO__STRICT_ANSI__
#endif
#include <asm/types.h>
#ifdef FOO__STRICT_ANSI__
#define __STRICT_ANSI__ 1
#undef FOO__STRICT_ANSI__
#endif

It's ugly/nasty/etc.  It can't stay there.  I really don't want to add this to
all the other files that include v4l include files.  Does anyone know of a
good solution to this other than contacting the v4l authors and asking for a
patch to remove the dependency?