[Kwintv] v4l plugin

John Campbell kwintv@mail.kde.org
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 03:14:08 -0800

I've just installed Mandrake 9.0 after being a loyal RedHat user for
years.

I'm not sure if my problem is with Mandrake or is simply a coincidence
in code-changes/libs between a week or so ago and now.

But my problem is that the V4l plugin is failing to compile because
the <linux/videodev.h> header doesn't include __c64 (and his friends)
if compiled with the "-ansi" flag, which qtvision uses, or at least my
configuration does.

When I remove the "-ansi" flag from the v4l plugin's Makefile
everything compiles and runs fine.  Of course, next time I update it
will all be stripped out again as the Makefiles are generated by
configure.