[Kwintv] v4l plugin

John Campbell kwintv@mail.kde.org
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 03:54:37 -0800

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002 11:20:54 -0000, you wrote:

>> I've just installed Mandrake 9.0 after being a loyal RedHat user for
>> years.
>>=20
>> I'm not sure if my problem is with Mandrake or is simply a coincidence
>> in code-changes/libs between a week or so ago and now.
>>=20
>> But my problem is that the V4l plugin is failing to compile because
>> the <linux/videodev.h> header doesn't include __c64 (and his friends)
>> if compiled with the "-ansi" flag, which qtvision uses, or at least my
>> configuration does.
>>=20
>> When I remove the "-ansi" flag from the v4l plugin's Makefile
>> everything compiles and runs fine.  Of course, next time I update it
>> will all be stripped out again as the Makefiles are generated by
>> configure.
>>=20
>
>I think the problem must have been introduced recently because I
>compiled qtvision on mdk 9 on the 19th october roughly and it was fine.

Today I cleaned everything out and started fresh from CVS with fresh
sources, after running configure of course.

Does yours installation include the "-ansi" compiler switch?  Looking
at the offending <linux/videodev.h> header either something has
seriously changed or that "-ansi" shouldn't be there.  There's a "#if"
that's droping out some fairly important typedefs if both GNUC and
ANSI are defined.

I'm wondering if "configure" added that for reasons of it's own.  I've
done some searching through the initial files and haven't found where
or if it's generated yet.

I had to update automake and autoconf to get something to compile
correctly, I thought it was qtvision, but I could be wrong.  I'm
wondering if I'm a little too close to the bleeding edge on those two.

Overall I'm happier with Mandrake 9.0 than I was with RedHat 8.0
though, even with these little problems.  And qtvision IS running
fine, I just thought I'd find out if there was something wrong with my
installation.