[Kwintv] specifying a device

George Staikos kwintv@mail.kde.org
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 20:10:16 -0500

On November 5, 2002 19:54, Dustin Isom wrote:
> Is there a way to specify the device to use via a
> prompt? The device that resides on /dev/video0 is a
> webcam and /dev/video1 is my tvtuner. When the program
> loads and asks for a device to use the fields are
> blank and I cannot select anything or enter my own text.

  No there is not.  The reason the devices are unlisted are:

1) They're in use.
2) They're inaccessible.
3) You have old code which doesn't have the v4l plugin yet (for v4l input).
4) You did not install in $KDEDIR, but /usr/local or something else instead.
5) You don't have the XFree86 v4l bridge configured (for Xv input).