[Kwintv] Re: qtvision-post alpha 1

George Staikos kwintv@mail.kde.org
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 16:12:10 -0500

On Monday November 04 2002 20:18, kinetik wrote:

> The first glance i took was weeks/months ago in a very early stage.
> Last week i got a new snapshot of the kdeonbeta-tree and built it again:
> Very nice!  am looking forward to the next releases!
> As i can see there is still a lot of work to do. But i would like to give
> you some response:

  Great!  Thanks!

> the cannel-sidebar is great, but channel renaming should be accessible via
> right-click.

   I agree.  We need to rework some of the internals of the channel editting
code first, but I have thought of this too.

> TV-Deskop will be great, once it works correctly - is it possible to
> include an "Normal-mode"- or "tv-mode"-switch in the kde-right-click menu
> to go back? - i guess you want to do something like that :)

   I don't think we will want to do that.  It will make the UI a little
inconsistent I think.  We have the tray icon for that instead.

> Please re-implement the "set-size"-menu in the "normal-mode" and
> "tv-mode"....it was very handy - perhaps users can set custom sizes in the
> preferences (and them switch through them via shortcuts).

    That's XF86VM if I'm not mistaken.  Support for that is planned, but has a
much lower priority than many other items right now.

> And another thing to mention: For i use kwintv often to do audio-recordings
> from tv, the sound-output should be as constant as in the old kwintv when
> switching between the modes....at the moment i cant really use qtvision
> just for that one reason.

   Hmm good point.  I never thought of this.  I will have a look once the
plugins are more mature and see if we can eliminate some of these breaks.