[kwintv] great work!!!

Jan Tait kwintv@mail.kde.org
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:54:55 +0200

>>The screen centering actually involves quite some "voodoo".  It does
have
>>to do with the results from the XF86VM query.  The best thing I can
suggest
>>is to have a look at the code in wintvmain.cpp where it does the
centering
>>and see if you can determine where the calculation goes wrong for
you.  It's
>>really nasty code right now and I apologize, but I just can't work on
this
>>right now.  As I have told several other people, I have new code for
some of
>>this stuff, and other parts have to be rewritten still.  There are
fixme's
>>Listed all through there. :)   Please bear with us.  KDE 3.0 is quite
>>time-consumer and I am finishing my last few months of university
right now
>>too.  I'll get back to some serious hacking at this stuff soon
though.

>>--
>>
>>George Staikos

Lo,

Just to say - no hurry for me. And thanx for the time and effort going
into this
stuff.  I thought you were much older (like with gray hear and a hard
blue beard),
but finishing of University puts you a bit younger...
I'll check the code - just did not have many time lately myself - but
anyway. What
do you expect from someone not married too long ;-)? and having a lot
of work on
the house etc. etc.

Anyway, the workaround I have done for the screen centering thing (I am
a lot
of a manual guy - probably why I like Linux so much) is to maximize the
thing,
switch to the lower res mode and center the thing manually.  not too
bad for
a start.  I am not the worlds #1 programmer, but will give the thing a
shot.

Anyway,
best for the Varsity thing (what are you studying)

Regards,

Jan Tait