[Kwintv] Building on RedHat 8

Chris Hammond kwintv@mail.kde.org
27 Dec 2002 22:42:18 -0500

--=-zdGFk/Y02YV7RLcSJVlj

On Fri, 2002-12-27 at 21:10, Guild N Crantz wrote:

> This is technically my first KDE application that I'm building, and so I
> was thrown through a loop with the build process because I thought that
> QT was located at /usr/lib/qt3 on RedHat 8, but it appears to need some
> links if this is the actual location of the files.  The reason I say
> this is because: I set QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3

  Please find attached two basic files that have worked for me since
RedHat 7.1 and I have even used them on the RedHat 8.1 beta.  They work
fine with the exception of a compile bug that is known about.  I don't
know if it is fixed yet but will be trying here soon.  Put the attached
files in a directory and create a dir called qtvision also.  Then just
run the files kwintvget and then kwintvmake.  This will download the
latest code from cvs and then compile it.  When running kwintvget, hit
enter when it asks for a password.

Cheers
Chris

--
Chris Hammond <chammond@cox.net>

--=-zdGFk/Y02YV7RLcSJVlj

     export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.kde.org:/home/kde
     cvs login
# cd into a directory where you would like to put the KWinTV sources.
     cd qtvision
# Do a checkout of the following CVS modules:
     cvs checkout kdenonbeta/kwintv3
     cvs checkout kdenonbeta/libsearch
     cvs checkout kdenonbeta/kdedb
     cvs checkout kdenonbeta/librss
     cvs checkout kde-common
# In addition you should check out the following files:
     cvs checkout kdenonbeta/Makefile.am.in
     cvs checkout kdenonbeta/Makefile.cvs
#     cvs checkout kdenonbeta/config.h.bot
     cvs checkout kdenonbeta/configure.in.in
# Change into the kdenonbeta directory:
     cd kdenonbeta
     cp Makefile.am.in Makefile.am
# Create a symbolic link to the admin directory:
     ln -s ../kde-common/admin admin
--=-zdGFk/Y02YV7RLcSJVlj

     cd qtvision
# Change into the kdenonbeta directory:
     cd kdenonbeta
     cp Makefile.am.in Makefile.am
# Create a symbolic link to the admin directory:
     ln -s ../kde-common/admin admin
# Execute the following commands (some can only be done as root):
     make -f Makefile.cvs
     ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-debug
     cd libsearch
     make && make install
     cd ../librss
     make && make install